From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:42:15 EST
Well, Butch's BG is somewhat better.  We were at 55 4 weeks ago, 50 two
weeks ago and today we are at 54.  We go back in a month for another BG.
He is on .75 ml PediaPred twice a day and I've been supplementing him with
a drop of Devil's Club in his soup once a day.

I do have a concern about the Devil's Club and would like to hear from
people that have used it.  I have a tenancy to think that if something
can help it can also hurt.  That might not be the right attitude but I
feel that way sometimes.  Should I not be giving this to him?  Am I
masking something that needs to be addressed for him?  Butch will be 5 in
September and was diagnosed with a mild heart murmur a little over a year
ago.  I worry that he might not be a great surgical candidate due to the
murmur.  I want to do what is best for him.

I'd like to hear from people who have used the Devil's Club and what they
have experienced, good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks!
Connie, Butch, Maggie, and CB
"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."
George T. Angell