From:
Eric Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:21:16 +0100
Uli <[log in to unmask]> says:

>Hi Eric and others
>
>I don't think it's wise to continue Nobivac DHPPi vaccine.  I'm sure they
>used to use killed viruses in their vaccine but they have changed that
>and now do a live vaccine which should not be used on ferrets and they
>even have a warning on their web page:
>
>Nobivac DHPPi contains live, attenuated, freeze dried canine distemper
>virus, canine adenovirus-2 (CAV2), canine parvovirus and canine
>parainfluenza virus.  This product should not be used in ferrets or
>mink.
> http://www.intervet.couk/Products_Public/Nobivac_DHPPi/
> 090_Product_Datasheet.asp

We have carried out what I think is the only large-scale non-intervention
study looking at the safety of CD vaccination in ferrets.  Our results
are undergoing statistical analysis at the moment prior to publication.
So I think I have a pretty good idea of whether it's wise to continue
with Nobivac DHPPi or not.  All I can say for now though is that the
majority of our own ferrets have been vaccinated against CD using Nobivac
DHPPi and we and our vets continue to have confidence in that vaccine.

And in fact we have had some discussion with Intervet over the
implications of the results as far as their own vaccines are concerned.

Eric Corbett