From:
Lisa Ferret mom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 16:13:49 -0700
One of our ferrets developed blackheads on her tail and thinned hair when
she blew her coat this spring.  We tried washing it daily for several
weeks with no improvement.  Because I was afraid of drying out her skin
and making it worse, we stopped the daily washing.  A few days ago we
gave them their "seasonal" bath (only bathed a few times/year), and her
tail looks somewhat worse.

She still has thicker hair at the base of her tail, and clearly has a LOT
of blackheads at the tip, so I have not been concerned about her being
adrenal.  Everything else appears normal.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on getting her hair to start
coming back in?  They have their annual check-up in about 3 weeks.  Any
thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa
Trickster (Stinky), Pepper, Mitsy and Pristine

I wish I were a Teddy Bear - Everybody loves them!  Nobody cares how fat
the are!  The older they get, the more they're worth!