From:
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 23:17:22 -0700
I'd written a response involving the "petco/rabbit/sell out" topics but it
seemed a waste of time so a deleted it.  The "other side" seems convinced
of things that to me are obviously false so its not worth the bother.  I
think "they" did a better job of "proving" my point than even I could.

I think Diane's post and the fact that she ordered a signed copy of that
issue for me say pretty much how we feel about the the PLaymate in Modern
Ferret topic.  I think I've talked to a Tiffany through email about ferrets
in the past but I don't know if it was our friend the playmate or not.
Maybe I'll try looking into the past saved emails.  Hey I'll take it as "a
brush with greatness".  It obviously doesn't bother this mother and father.
Nothing to hide from Derek either.  Interesting comments about the
anonymous postings on the topic from FSG...

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: This Nov. is FIRST National Animal Shelter Apprec. Week
>The Human Society of the United States is going to make , in Nov. of this
>year, a week for it's first National Shelter Appreciation Week.

Some of us who do run shelters are not supporters of the HSUS.  They are
in our eyes zealots that still are not ferret friendly.  They seem to
interested in donations and not enough interested in actually doing any
sheltering (the HSUS runs no shelters anywhere in the country).

>From:    Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Show
>Well things are looking good for the 1st ever Ferret show in the
>Southeast.

<grin>  you are a bit too late.  Unless Florida, Georgia and Virginia
don't count as the Southeast anymore.  There was a non-championship
show/competition in South Carolina as well.

But good luck on your show.  If you want experienced show judges you will
have to work with either the AFA or LIFE.  You know how to contact the AFA.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets