From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 08:46:49 EST
Vets and other knowledgeable persons:

Please HELP me.  My ferret (female MF 3yr old), Nancy, has diabetes.
Extremely HIGH glucose level in both blood and urine.  She is extremely
dehyrated despite the vet giving her Sub-Cu fluids.  She is lethargic and
does not want to eat and is grinding her teeth, I am force feeding her
kibble mash.  I am giving her Carafate to help with her stomach.  Her vet
has her on Insulin since last night, but this morning she is still doing
poorly and urine glucose level is still extremely high.  Does anyone have
any experiences with diabetes in ferrets?  What can I expect with her?  Is
it even worth putting her on Insulin?  Please help me!

Just some info: her WBC is 4400 (I'm told this is normal) and Lypase (?) is
1630.  I don't know if this provides any clues.

I read the FML religiously but because I'd like to get some information
quickly, I hop you can respond to me directly at [log in to unmask]

     Thanks from me and from Nancy,
     Jennifer Morlanne