Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:11:20 +0000
Okay... with all the discussion on breeding, here's my question.  How am
I to find a reputable breeder?  If I don't care about color and really
just want a sweet disposition and good health (and long life), how do I
go about finding a good, honest breeder?  Doing a Google search pops up
a number of lists of US breeders, but how do I know which one to pick?
All seem to say that they breed for health, disposition and longevity,
but all generally say they breed for color as well.  Add to that that
most don't ship and I am limited to a breeder that I can drive to and
from.  That certainly cuts down on my options.

I have no plans to get a new baby this moment, but given the heartbreaking
early deaths and health issues my pet store and shelter guys have to deal
with, I've just about decided that I want my next ones to come from a
breeder, if only so I can late alter.  What's a girl to do?

Anne
(with Miesa and the boys)