From:
Valerie Hamning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 00:32:01 -0000
The following is an email we received from the Mayor of Boulder, Colorado
regarding the amended ordinance information that has been a hot topic of
discussion here recently:

 Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:25:41 -0600
 From: [log in to unmask] | Block Address | Add to Address Book
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Subject: Re: Amending Section 4-5-5 and Chapter 6-1

I do not believe there is any intent on the part of council to limit the
keeping of ferrets as pets.  This was a drafting problem in an ordinance
change that is really intended to prevent what many people feel are cruel
displays - namely, large wild animals kept in small cages, such as tigers
or elephants confined for a circus.  I believe that the city attorneys
office has fixed the language.-Will

Posted by Brian & the Fuzzy Four Pack
www.ferretzone.com