From:
"Stephen E. M. Nowak" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 04:36:57 -0500
Our fuzzies, Max and Sophia, love the couch.  They crawl in both from the
bottom, at the legs, and slide inside from under the cushions.  I don't
really like them in there, but have resigned myself to the fact that they
WILL crawl into the couch when let out of their room.  Ferret proofing the
bottom won't stop them from getting in from under the cushions, and I can't
imagine how I would ferret proof there.  The worst that's happened is
they've lost their collars in there.

Also, they are very ingenious.  A closed door is not a closed door unless it
has been verified latched by pushing on it.  Unfortunately I forgot to do
this to the closet in their room one day after I put their food bag away.
Their food and litter bags were intact, but a (relatively large) box that
was stored in there was dragged out into the room and viciously mauled.  And
they always seemed to LIKE boxes!  I'm sure they worked as a team, as the
box was not only much larger and heavier than either of them, but it was in
a corner and apparently was lifted up (over six inches) as well as pulled
over then out.

Also, they worked as a team when we were dog sitting for my sister in-law.
This sheperd mix (w/golden retriever?) was kept diverted by one while the
other did a flanking maneuver.  Then they both scattered.  They did this
several times, interchanging roles as diversion and flanker.  I was a little
surprised, as they play indepedently much of the time, and seem at odds with
each other when they play together.  But I guess it's better they chew on
each other than on me or Dawn.  :)