From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:40:39 EST
Lynda, you are so right about having allergies and even having Fabreeze,
plug ins or even very strong candles setting allergies/asthma off.  True
true.  And like a set of dominoes, even if you had good experiences with
such things in the past, couple those with a fur creature and you've set
off a chain of events that is hard to get under control.  One might be
fine with some nice smelly things, and one might be fine with ferrets.
But the same person might not be okay with more than one or two.  So
people be aware of that.

I also took note that you said you brushed your cats and things.  I
forgot that one!  Ferrets do shed at least once a year (most often
twice).  I own a shedder for these times so the hair doesn't float around
the house holding in dander and odor that I"m sensitive to.  But my
shedder has just sat for two years.  I found it easier on the ferrets
skin to just "pluck" them like chickens.  Bock bock bock.  Seriously.  I
take them out as they are shedding and gently just kinda pluck the hair
and toss it to the wind.  It takes a few times.  But it's worth it.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com