From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 14:14:05 +0200
Hi Wolfy

Reading you mail about euthanasia, I was surprised that you didn't
mention the method Bardara described.  I also have Euthanasia done this
way and find it the most peaceful way for an animal to go.  Our vet is
Hanneke Moorman, but she lives around two hours drive from me, several
years ago I needed to have a ferret in pain released, Our second vet,
here in town offered me this option, She then sent me to a privet room
where I held my baby and kissed an cuddled him until he fell asleep, ten
minutes later his heart stopped while he was cuddled in my neck, he went
to sleep with me telling him how much I loved him.  I find this the most
peaceful end gentle way to let my babies go.  The over-dose was given in
the liver, there was no pain and depending on how strong the animal's
heart is, they just go to sleep in your arms.  I have done this several
times, the last time it was necessary, Hanneke came all the way to me
and Murphy went to sleep at home, in my arms.  He never even had the
stress of being put in the carrier and traveling in the car.  For me
this is also more peaceful, as there is no extra pain.

If Sean wants to be there this might be the best way for you to do it,
It will give him the time to hold and talk to Rokky before he goes to
sleep forever.

Stephenie
Netherlands.