From:
Bill Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:56:28 -0400
Jill Smith <[log in to unmask]> said:
>My ferret likes to sleep under the blanket with me.  If I'm lying on my
>side, she'll curl up under the blanket behind my legs.  But the oddest thing
>she does is sometimes she act's like she's grooming me...weird huh?  Doe s
>this happen to anyone else?

My ferret Ben (http://www.astro.umd.edu/~wls/ferrets.html#ben) will often
groom me.  If I whistle, she will come over and start to groom me.  She
licks the cheeks, the ears, the eyelids (if I let her).  As dominant ferret
she does a lot of grooming of the other ferrets.  I think that she is
extending the courtesy to me.  Lately, with Jerry's illness making me
realize how fragile these ferrets are, I've been inclined to let Ben groom
me as much as she wants.  Ben is the the same age as her sister and
littermate Jerry (nearly 7) and, although currently healthy, I worry about
how soon one of the age-related ferret ailments will strike her.

--- Bill Sebok