From:
Karen McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:12:28 -0400
>In my opi I don't understand what the big fuss is about the sanctuary.
>
>In my opinion, [which is not wanted often. Sorry!], people should be
>HAPPY that these ferrets are actually cared for. There are PLENTY of
>owners out there that don't care much for their ferrets, nor their
>other pets. I don't understand why all of these ferret lovers are
>complaining about the sanctuaries, better yet, Zoo's in particular.
>People are saying these ferrets could be adopted out. Yes, they COULD.
>But there's also a chance that if they're adopted out, they wouldn't
>get the love and care they deserve. I'm sorry if some of you disagree.
>Though I'm sure a lot of you don't. At least we know these ferrets
>are loved and at least we know they get the medical attention they
>need and everything else that so many ferret owners should put more
>attention to.
>
>Love, frediSTARR, Brute Boy and Skittle. [[:

I couldn't agree with you more, Fredi. So long as the ferrets are well
cared for it should make no difference if they're adopted out or what
the place is called. The bottom line is that they *are* receiving
proper care, and to my knowledge the ferrets at Zoo's *do* receive
proper care. The only one I've ever seen dispute this is Barb Clay.
With so many unwanted, abused, neglected and abandoned ferrets out
there I would think people would be thrilled to know there's at least
one place where a few lucky ferrets will get to live out their lives
securely and in comfort. I would also think the shelter operators would
be happy knowing there will be a few less ferrets coming through their
doors.

Karen McCabe
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net
http://www.addictedtoferrets.net