From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:22:42 -0500
They so LOVE rubbery textures, and certainly cooked eggs are a healthy
protein source for most ferrets.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/FreezingEgg.htm

notes:

>Egg Whites: Raw egg whites do not suffer from freezing (cooked egg
>whites are very rubbery)

and

>Hard-Cook Egg Yolks: Hard-cooked egg yolks can be frozen to use
>later for toppings or garnishes.

but

>Hard-cooked whole eggs and whites become tough and watery when
>frozen, so don't freeze them.

so maybe doing whole eggs would be too watery -- though rollie-pollie
and rubbery which are both wins for ferrets.

I wonder if a splat of cooked egg -- like a firmly fried egg then
frozen would make a good rubbery textured treat and escape the watery
aspect?

Hmmmm...

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: