From:
Selina Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:10:46 -0400
been away for a few days, so slightly behind the fmls, but just have a
couple of questions:

my friend is planning to rip out her carpet and replace it with ferret
proof flooring.  do you guys have good suggestions on what kind of
replacements, in particular if anybody has tried the ikea laminated wood
flooring?  also, should anything be done to whatever is under the carpet?
this change is initiated by weasels that won't pee and poop in their
boxes.

second is about surgery being a cure for adrenal.  from my vet (ferret
expert) and confirmed by Jen Lutton's supplied website

  http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/lupron.htm

the direct cause of adrenal neoplasia isn't the adrenal glands.  if so
surgery will remove the neoplasia or tumour, but not necessarily the
excess hormone production, so how is this a cure?  as I understand it,
lupron controls the excess hormones, and this alleviates the symptoms.
if a tumour has already developed, then it will not shrink, but an
enlarged adrenal gland may.  surgery is less expensive long term, so it
may be a preferred method, and ideally if a ferret had already a tumour
they would get surgery and then lupron therapy for the rest of their
lives.  is there any thing that proves the above article is incorrect?
please cite specific posts or references.  since adrenal is not generally
an "emergency", I prefer to see if Lupron works before removing vital
organs.  I'm not sure how common this view is.

any thoughts?

thanx.

// Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite,       Sand and Bear
//                      missing Storm
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu