Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:36:26 EST
Hi - As usual, I am behind on the FML. However, I did scan the last
several issues and did not see this info. posted. Perhaps it has and
this info. is redundant......

For those of you who feed raw, there has been a recall of Nature's
Variety.....I think for the expiration date of 11/10. You can google
it for food recalls. This recall also applies to the chicken/turkey
medallions (favorite of my crew). I placed a new order this week and
my supplier was very aware of the recall and reassured me that his
supplies were in good shape.

But think in my rapid eye scan of recent issues, I saw that someone
had a ferret ill after introducing raw and wondered.

Also noted that there seemed to be some activity on constant varieties
of "feeding wars".

Just my two cents, but I feed my ferrets raw, packaged and processed
for this method of feeding. I also have Totally Ferret available 24/7
for all my guys. They also eat fresh mice and I have been feeding mice
for around 20 years. But it has always been very hard to convince new
owners of my kits to do the same. However, most follow my practice to
feed every type of cooked poultry, meat, fish & shellfish, eggs, etc.

I imagine in the wild ferrets would also eat a variety of juicy
insects........but that is where I draw the line......

Cheers,
Meg