From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:11:57 -0400
Okay, I have a question which I am sure is in the backs of the minds of all
of us whose ferrets modify the cages by removing the plastic guards around
the wires, and all those of us who have made or modified cages.  Where do I
get those plastic guards?  I am so very, very tired of being gashed by the
cage wire.  The ferrets haven't gotten cut with their tough, thick skin,
but I always have scratches and the ferrets didn't create them -- the cages
did.  You know the sorts of guards I mean; they look like the plastic
slide-grip binding bars found on some report covers.  Have you found a
source?  Any shelters selling these?  Anyone else?  Ideas?  (Stationary
stores around here didn't work out.) If worse comes to worse I guess I can
try to track down Stockwell Office Products, find out how sturdy their's
are and see if they would EVER consider selling any sturdy slide grip bars
without also selling their expensive folders which they normally come with.

I'm counting on you to help us out here, folks, and how often have I asked
a question in the last whatever number of years?  ;-)