Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 00:32:31 -0800
I think people are paranoid about chocolate.  My dogs eat chocolate with no
adverse effects.  Mind you, I don't give them 20 pounds of the stuff...I
just flick them an M&M or two.

My ferrets have collectively stolen a whole 1 pound bag of M&M's and eaten
them before I found the bag and the worse wear they suffered was a bad case
of Hershey squirts for a couple of hours.

I am not advocating the use of chocolate as a treat, just stating that we
are too worried about something that is just silly to worry about.

For those that may wish to turn on the flames, the treats my furkids get
are: Home dried banana chips, raisins, and Honey Nut Cheerios.  Every now
and again, I mix some honey in a half cup of water and let them work out.
They get to take licks from my milk glass and dig into ice cream.  I have
been known to toss them one of my treasured M&M's...they prefer the reds,
BTW.  Go figger..aren't fuzzies supposed to be color-blind?

But..I know these things are all bad for my fuzzy charges..I guess that is
why they only live to be 10 to 11 years of age.

(I just love to be facetious!)

MC, The Rude One