From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 14:13:50 -0400
Meltdown is not doing so well today.  We hope that it is just a matter of
adjusting her Lasix dosage properly.  Hanan was in yesterday, so Meltie's
now trying 1/8 of a tablet twice a day.  If that is too much for her
situation that will be reduced, and if it is not enough it will be raised.
While we are trying to balance her we're getting Pedialyte into her and we
have added Nusalt to her routine so that she maintains reasonable potassium
levels.  If it is just a matter of adjusting to the change of having her
heart enlarge a bit again and having ascites start then she should stabilize
once we get the dose down.  Hopefully it's not an indication that the heart
is steadily changing now.  We're pretty well freaked right now so each of us
is making sure the other one eats whenever flakiness sets in.  We wish
Meltdown would eat more, but they have appetite problems with both Lasix and
with dehydration; maybe because Lasix seems to reduce their sense of smell?
If it comes to it we picked up Ringers today.  Poor little girl; what a
thing to be going through when she's just a few days shy of her eighth
birthday -- what a thing to go through, period.  She can't walk much now
before she falls to the side.  On Saturday morning she was still zoom kitty.
Even when folks have been there before it's still scary.

Sukie