From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 05:49:47 -0500
Thanks to all for the tremendous outpouring of sympathy regarding Simon.
They mean a lot.  Thank you very much.  I have so many emails on Simon that
it will take me some time to answer them all.Now I am touched in more than
one way.

Kip & Gay:
>"Bob your articles are the best thing that has happened to the FML"

Thanks so much for those nices words, but *I* think Bill was the best thing
that has happened to the FML.  He has a mostly thankless job, and few people
could come close to his moderate style of monitoring our petty arguments
and silly egos.  Bill is the best and we are lucky to have him; I'm just a
single mouth in the choir who perhaps is most noticed at times because of
an inadvertant shift of tone.  And even if I do accidentally say something
useful from time to time, it is only noticed because Bill stays up half
the night to make sure it gets out the FML membership.  The man takes no
vacations from us, and, except for the occasional sigh, I've never heard
him complain.  Bill is my hero.

Bob C and 19 MO Lumps O' Fun