From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:17:21 -0900
I am in big time tears as I write this.  Perrin went in today for adrenal
surgery.  It was reported to me prior to surgery that he was doing great,
calm & easy patient, lab work came back great, etc.  However, when I got
paged this afternoon, I knew something was really wrong.  It turns out
that both of his adrenals were affected, however, that was not the real
problem.  He had a tumor that engulfed his kidney, adrenal & vena cava, it
was HUGE (I was able to see it).  His spleen was also incredibly enlarged.
His intestines & liver were unaffected.  I was able to leave work
immediately to get to my vets office.  We talked about our options and the
only real (humane) option was to help him cross the rainbow bridge
peacefully.  I am so heartbroken.  I feel guilty for not getting him in
for surgery sooner, but I also know that hindsight is 20/20.  I just feel
so rotten right now.  4 ferrets in 6 months.

Sandee, would you please greet Perrin and help him to find Oliver who left
us in August (I bet he can be found at the Fruit Bar scoring some cherries
- his all time favorite).  Could you also introduce him to Tequila &
Kahlua who he didn't know, but are a part of our tribe (they should be
with Oliver).  Perrin would probably also like to visit with Cocoa & Slink
who were our visitors from this past Dec/Jan.  Please tell all of them
that I miss them terribly, and let Perrin know that I am so sorry that I
wasn't able to help him.  Thanks.

Holly