From:
Christina Mearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 09:53:17 +0200
Hi everyone,

Following Ruby's death to JL at the end of February, we had decided to get
another girl to join our 3 big boys.  This wasn't planned until September.
However, I know someone from work who could no longer keep his ferret as
his girlfriend never liked them and she had got worse and was very scared
and they are having a baby .... you get the picture!

On Monday he told me about his situation and on Monday evening she came
home with us.  She had already played with our boys before so we knew they
would get along.  She is a dark sable, very small, with very small ears.
She's 1yr 7 months and was sterilized a few months ago.  She comes from a
local breeder (Paris, France).  She is about a third of the size of the
boys!  Having lived in a rabbit hutch for the first part of her life and
then in a rabbit cage she is beginning to adjust to 'the ferret' room.  I
was very pleased yesterday as for the first time she actally came up to
me to climb on me.  She is vers sweet and doesn't bite.  She is also very
vocal.

On Saturday she is going to the vets.  She needs to have her shots updated
and she has a watery eye.  It looks like she has tears in her eye and the
area very close to her eye seems wet.  She doesn't seem in pain but I'm
not sure what this can be.  Any ideas?

We are really pleased to have Luna as part of our family, and I hope that
she learns what the litter box is for in the near future!

Christina
Taz, Teddy, Sylvestre, Luna and our angel Ruby