From:
polecatpapa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:49:17 -0600
>Hey, is it normal for a new ferret (10 weeks) to only want to play all
>day?  Mine doesn't want to be held or cuddled, it just wants to chase my
>toes and the dog!  The dog and the ferret play wonderfuly, but always
>supervised.  The only time I have heard that "dooking" sound is when he's
>playing with the dog.  Never the less, is it normal for him to always
>want to play and not be held?  I hold him and he tries to dig himself
>out of my arms to get on the floor and play.  Normal or not?

Sounds to me like you have a totally normal kit.  Kits are nothing if not
energetic players.  The only kits that I have ever seen that like to be
held are very very young.  Once they hit about two months old they want
nothing to do with being held.  It is just a waste of their precious time.
If you really really want to cuddle the kit, I would let it out to play
and when it gets tired and lays down, then pick it up and cuddle.  It
might last a minute or so till the kit wakes up and wants to play more.

PolecatPapa & The Blurry Furry's
Rascal,Treble,Moose,Cocoa,Screech,Havoc,Hanna,Dodger,Rainbow,
Squeeky,Taffy,Midge,Blizzard,Grizzly,Missy, & Boo-Boo Bear
Never forgetting Loki, Spaz, Sampson, & Charlotte
http://www.blurryfurrys.com