From:
Debbie Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:47:13 GMT
Hello all, I want to hear form at least 10 people from Tennessee that have
ferrets...If I was a betting woman I would say there is not 5 Tennessee
people out there who subscribe to the FML....you want to know why I say
this...Tennessee is one of the states where ferrets are NOT common.  In
other words most people there are NOT ferret educated...I know of less
then a handfull who are.  Scares me to think that there will be a hudge
ferret farm there.

Doesn't take a Harvard Grad to figure out that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E....Ya
know if I had my head in the sand I would not care...If I had never visited
a ferret farm with 600 plus ferrets I would not care...It is hard to turn
your back when you see poop as high as 3 feet tall standing under cages, it
is hard to turn your back when you see ferrets with nothing to lay on in
their cages except a piece of dirty wood.  It is hard when you have done
shelter work for years and dealed with stupid people.  Many people have
never been anywhere except a petstore and you think that is bad....Many
people think that I am out of line because I protest of 300 plus ferrets
being bred....and I have a gut feeling that many of their off-spring will
be sent to new homes un-altered....my gosh people wake up and smell the
coffee.  Honestly I WOULD support a ferret farm that did things right!  I
would stand behind them 100%!!!!  At this time it is REALLY hard to trust
people in the pet industry.  Sorry but that is the way it is......(ferrets
deserve the best!!)

Debbie