From:
Robert Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:10:48 +0000
Well, we really didn't think it would be so soon but on Monday we had to put
her to sleep.  We spent fri., and sat, with visits to the vet office.  She
became very weak and was dehydrated.  We started her on pedialyte and
steriods twice a day and nutrical three times a day.  She wouldn't do
anything by herself by Sunday.  I would get water into her by putting it in
my hand and letting her lick the nutrical off my finger.  She wouldn't eat
anything solid.  On sunday the black stools came and she would hardly
urinate.  I called the vet early monday morning and he said i did the best
that i could but now i would have to make the decision that we all dreaded.
My friend that lost Rocky came with me and we said goodbye together.  She
passed on with both of us holding her in our hands.  This is what my friend
missed with Rocky.  Just that special time together before the end.  Even
the vet cried, he became so attached to the whole situation.

Well, my friend brought her home to be buried with her brother Rocky.  My
thanks to my friend cindy and to our vet Dr. Boulton.  That made it very
special for me to say good-bye.

joanie, co-co, krispie, bubba and most of all Pookie in our prayers.