From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:05:23 -0800
Hello!  It's happened.  But you all knew it would anyway.  I got a phone
call first thing this morning asking if I wanted another ferret?  That's not
really a question now, is it?

Any way, someone found him in their back yard.  He was given to another lady
whose husband decided they wouldn't keep him.  Fortunately they are good
people and took him to the vet to have him checked over and to find out how
best to care for him until they found a new owner.  The lost & found ads
have been checked every day for several days and nothing has been listed.  I
know the vet he was taken to and feel (felt) confident that he has been
thoroughly checked over.  But now I've noticed a lot of "gunk" coming out of
his ears and I'm worried it might be ears mites, so we're on our way to my
vet.

Oh goodie!  This is Tequila!  Mom just left with that boy ferret and she
left the 'pooter on!  I've been waiting for this moment.  We're pretty
excited about having a brother, even if he is twice our size.  Kahlua and I
can take him on, we're not scared of anything.  Mom's worried about me,
being bald you know.  But I've been trying real hard, and I'm sprouting some
new hair.  She gives me this stuff she calls "Rogaine for ferrets" that the
vet guy gave her.  Hey, move it squirt!  I was here first you little
#$%$^%$^.....

Hi!  This is Kahlua and I want you all to know that things will be fine
around here as long as that boy realizes that I am the boss.  I was here
before him!  Besides, I have a plan.  That Tigger cat really really wants
some of our food, she said it tastes better.  So I told her as long as she
helped me keep that boy under control, I would toss her a few pieces of our
food every once in awhile.  But if mom catches us, we'll be in big trouble,
so it's our little secret.

Mom here.  I guess I'll know better than to leave the computer on next time.
Sorry Kahlua, your plan is no longer a secret.  No mites, he'll be treated
for a low level ear infection to help clean out his ears.  He is
guesstimated as a 1 year old.  Two blue dots so I'm assuming MF.  He is so
long compared to my girls.

I really needed something like this to lift my spirits.  I broke my arm two
weeks ago.  Went a week before I had it x-rayed and found out.  It didn't
hurt much, but I finally decided I had better get it checked.  I've really
been down in the dumps ever since.

We're off to aquaint ourselves and to PLAY!!

Holly