Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 22:16:30 EDT
First- a BIG thank you to all of you who want to write to Mary of F.A.I.R.
via E-Mail.  With 50 SICK animals from closed shelter in her home with the
other sick ferts no one would take throughout year before closing, and no
help-- the best thing to do is to write to her at F.A.I.R., P.O. Box 952,
Westmont,Il.60059[and enclose a few dollars for all the wee sick ones.}

2.Where can I purchase Interceptor for heartworms?Is it mail order?  Is
there a phone number handy???  Mosquitos are out a bit early here this
year.Thank you.....

3. No one E-mailed me so I could purchase fert stuff i need{Ferrevite and
Ferrebite}  One more plea to you shelter guys and gals.

4.Humane Society of United States led me to www.NewPet.com which is now
accepting links from shelters.

5. I was E mailed that shelter apprec. week is not new.  Can only tell you
what I had just read on  HSUS web site a few days ago.  Don't know who is
right there.  Still terrific opportunity for teaching, promoting, getting
visibility for shelter, etc..

6. HSUS is not there for individual fert shelters.  They do so much for
ALL animals.  i don't mean to sound as though fert is specialized here.
BUT it does have Ferret Central.  And from there I went to The
BackYard-Ferret Friends United.  HSUS also branched off to
www.petsville.com.

Petsville is an online community with special emphasis on pet care, rescue,
and adoption.  Greater Chicago Fert Assoc.  was under Illinois.  A lady in
some town in Nebraska wanted a friendly fert.  Just skimmed.  Way too much
to see under HSUS.

7. Sukie wrote me that ferts are not nocturnal , but some strange name
kind of beings.  Brookfield Zoo claims domestic ferts are nocturnal[written
on side of their cage], as does recent fert magazine.  But again- I can
only report what I read from what I believe to be a valid source.  I would
think a permanent sign describing ferrets on the cage of a major zoo would
be accurate.  But ya know......all of My money is all riding on Sukie.I
call her wizard woman[NO --not lizard woman]

Kisses and hugs to the wee ones, and prayers for us all
Lisette