From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:35:07 -0500
Hi all, I'm new to ferretdom and I have a question.  I got my first ferret
three weeks ago ( a now 11 week old girl) and I can't believe how cute she
is.  The other day my SO and I were having hot cocoa and my lips must have
tasted like chocolate because she jumped and frantically started licking
(not biting, thank god).  I know that chocolate for dogs is poisonous..what
about ferrets?

Also can anyone recommend a way to stop her from biting.  She doesn't hear
the word "no", tapping her on the nose or bottom or giving the "Vulcan Death
Pinch" just causes her to bite harder.  Do I just have to wait for her to
grow up?

Thanks for the help.

Melissa and Meeko "the Mouse" ("Watch out..its ATTACK FERRET!!!)
and Merlin the dog ("Mom, howcome you don't play with JUST ME anymore?  I
don't like the baby..she bites me and you won't let me bite her back!!)

[Moderator's note: Biting is regularly discussed here and we went through
the chocolate thing again 2 weeks ago.  Please see issues 1382-1383.  BIG]