From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:37:12 -0400
Hi Folks-

ALWAYS SOMETHING!
We are working on this -- though not all our information is in yet.
Attempts to find a location in VT close to them for boarding has been
unsuccessful -  so

On Monday the pick up date & time should be secured .

What is imminent is that we have a group of 4 older ( health compromised)
ferrets needing admission due to their owner ( a single gent with no
family to assume care ) being deployed to Iraq to help fight in the
current wartime situation with a company of the National Guard.  He is
a shelter adoptor- of 2 ( 6 total) but has found care for the youngest
outside the shelter....

This will be a tough adjustment for the four ferrets and for those caring
for them as there is certain to be health compromises with the transition
process.

We have a very very full house here at Ferret Wise and presently not
enough floor space for another condo -- so we are looking at foster
placement within our shelter network.

SO in the midst of summer heat, we are scurrying to assist these ferret
oldsters who will undoubtedly miss their Papa!

The eldest in is need of immediate adrenal surgery-- please say prayers
for Boo-Boo!

Feel free to browse ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems
&userid=creativekolor&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=25

if you need ferret magazines, tee shirts , hammocks, etc., we sure will
be appreciative..  If you have any special requests- let us know we have
a storage room full of misc items that would be better served earning
funds for kiddos here!

A/C is running $200 per month and this intake will bring our permanent
care ferrets to a total of 32 ... plus we still have 5 age 1 year and
younger looking for quality - permanent homes.

Thanks for your prayers & thoughts... we trudge along

Alicia & ferrets at  www.ferretwise.org