Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:35:51 -0500
Please don't get sugar gliders as pets.  They are meant to be wild
animals and do not belong in cages.  That said I will tell you why I have
them.  They were headed for euthanasia at a humane society and I took
them.  Then the lady asked me to babysit her last two for two weeks.  She
never returned for them and four years later I sort of doubt that she
will.  When I first got them I took one set out of their cage to scrub
it.  I took all ferrets from the room and locked the door.  When I came
back, I had missed removing Taz even though I'd done a total room search.
He came running out the door when it opened and I KNEW.  Weasey Ferret
walked in with me and I saw nothing amiss until she directed me to the
space under a dresser drawer.  There lay my poor little Ozzie glider near
death.  He had been neatly stashed with a bunch of stuffed toys.  I held
him as he died.  It was NOT Taz's fault completely my own and I will
never forgive myself.  Please save yourself grief and don't combine the
two species.

Laurel