From:
Scott Beisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 12:02:16 -0700
When I opened my FML this morning, I was surprised to find that there were
no posts in reference to last nights debut of "The Pet Store" on the Animal
Planet Channel.

"The Pet Store" is on Wednesday nights at 8 PM.  Its format is that of a
talk show (ie, live band, celebrity guests, and a comic host).  The host
wasn't very funny at all, the studio audience didn't think so either.  But
the twist on this show is celebrities bring their pets and talk about them.

His first guest was David Foley from the sitcom, "News Radio." He is also
known from his membership in the Canadian comedy troop, "Kids in the Hall."
Well you can guess by now what his pet was.  He brought out a cute sable who
was well behaved.  But this ferret was not actually his.  But he said he has
owned four ferrets so far.  One of which Mike Meyers (Wayne's World) bought
him after his first albino escaped his house on a rainy night.

I was surprised that Mr. Foley was pretty well informed about ferrets and he
even encouraged people to spay/neuter their ferrets if they have one.  When
a ferret makes an appearance on TV, I usually have to brace for the worst,
but I think this was a positive segment.

I'm not sure where this show is taped, but it sure would be interesting if
it was in CA.
~                Scott Beisner               ~
~    Californians For Ferret Legalization    ~
~          http://www.ferretnews.org         ~