From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 22:31:27 -0400
>From:    C & R Roller <[log in to unmask]>
>Again, I have to say, why?  Why on earth do some of you bother writing and
>telling me your sob stories as to justify your cruelty to animals.  What
>part of this series of articles can you ( I mean the idiots who keep
>emailing me) not understand.
>Lets see, did I miss anything.  I am sure I did and somewhere outthere is
>some mentally challenge idiot who will do his or her ferret harm.  Oh yeah,
>one more think DO NOT PURCHASE THIS FERRET IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS
>GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS.

I seriously hope you are joking.  However, I'm afraid you are not.  No one,
and that includes you, has any idea of what might happen in their lives in
the next ten years.  Are you sure you're not going to get terminal cancer?
Perhaps have a horrible auto accident that leaves you paralyzed?  What
about simply suddenly finding yourself severely, life-threateningly
allergic to the pets you love?

I am today sitting here trying not to scratch myself raw because I suddenly
turned up allergic to a product that I've used before with no problems.
Such is the case with allergic reactions.  It's not life-threatening in my
case (it just feels that way) but what if it were?  And what if that severe
reaction was caused by my ferrets (or birds, or my cat, etc).  Would I try
to find good homes for the animals that caused it?  Yes.  I guess that
makes me an idiot and mentally challenged.  So be it.

Stuff happens.  No one (despite the psychic hotlines) can know for sure
what's going to occur.  You hope and try to plan for the best.

You must be really frustrated to respond to people with so much hatred.
I'm sorry - really I am - that you can't do anything other than bang out
your frustration with such bitterness.  Giving up a ferret for adoption
does not constitute cruelty.  Would you rather someone kept the ferret in
less than ideal conditions?  If you cannot even respond to human suffering
with some level of compassion, how effective in the long-term will you
really be with ferret rescue?

Still hoping you were joking,
Karen
I know there is a place
Where arms of compassion welcome me home
Sweet mercy falls like rain
I know there's a place
Called grace
                -- Phillips Craig & Dean
No trees were harmed in the production of
this message.  However, a rather large number
of electrons were somewhat inconvenienced.
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html