From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:10:23 PST
I would have to agree and offer my suport to Judith, and her comment on
treating terminally ill ferrets, It doesn't mean you love ferrets any less,
if you try and be realistic, I think, when it is a case of adrenal, or
another treatable illness in an animal with good chances of recovery and a
long and happy life, in a home of their own, it would be acceptable in my
opinion, but when i see a shelter spend hundreds of dollar on a terminally
ill and old ferret, that has no real chance of being adopted, go through
the pain and missery only to prolong its life, that makes me wonder what
the point is, it's not really doing the poor fellow a favor, and the money
could go to improve the quality of life for a dozen other ferrets in that
very same shelter.  I understand that shelters operate out of the goodness
of their heart, since there obviously is no profit in it, and i aplaud you
all in what you are doing, All life is precious, but sometimes a realistic
approach, should be considered, and in some cases euthanating could also be
the most humane thing to do.

I don't want anyone to think, i don't care, i help the 24 Carat Shelter and
Rescue, here in Las Vegas several days a week , in cleaning cages, and play
and socialize these wonderful babies, i also give donations in cash, food,
and i am currently sewing hammocks and fur mattrasses for dear life, and
putting together a christmas box with things they need, so much was offered
to me, when i was desperate, and in need of a friend, and practical help, i
want to do everything i can to give in return to the dearest cause of our
heart, namely the fuzzbutts that bring so much joy and laughter to my life,
and the people that devote so much of their time and money, to ensure the
wellbeing of these babies.  And so on a Christmas note, i would also like
to take the oportunity, to remind of the joy of giving (your local shelter?)
especially for Christmas, a little gift of love.

I wish everyone on this list a Merry Christmas, and to everyone special in
your hearts!

Josephine
Liza; " i'm just gonna rub my nose on dis hammocks, so dey nowme.
Truls;" lemme see wasdis....can you eatdis..?
Lucky;"you beder be nice,Liza couse Santa nows is youre bad.