From:
Nancy Winter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:30:01 EDT
>Is there anyone on the list that has experience with having canine teeth
>problems with there babies?  My oldest boy is 5 and has both canines
>chipped which are slowly dieing.  The vet says that they can't do anything
>until the teeth are officially 'dead' right through to the root because if
>you remove the canines before that you can break the jaw.

I am a veterinary technician who works for a veterinary dentist.  You need
to take your ferret to a veterinary dentist or find a veterinarian who
is at least experienced in dentistry.  If a tooth is broken and has an
exposed root canal it can be painful and a route for infection.  Ask your
veterinarian to refer you to one with more dental experience.

Nancy Winter