From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:51:35 -0500
Hi, everyone,

If you receive both FML and TriFL, please accept my apology for the
cross-posting.  In fact, if someone could cross-post this to WilFL, I'd
appreciate, as I'd like this to reach as many ferret owners in this part
of the country as possible.

I spoke to Diane again on Christmas eve, and the shelter population had
peaked at 57.  Fortunately, five ferrets got adopted out in time for the
holiday, so we're back at 52.  Several more have been spoken for, including
a long time resident, Napoleon, which is good news.  Still, she is very,
very overloaded, both with adoptables and fosters from Hurricane Floyd.
Fortunately, the 11 hurricane ferrets are going back to their homes and
owners in January.

The bad news is that while Diane has, thanks to some donations, managed to
pay all the vet bills at Animal Ark, but she is still behind at Northwoods
Animal Hospital, and needs to bring some of the more seriously ill ferrets
there to see Dr. Hudson.  If you can find it in your heart this holiday
season to help some sick, needy ferrets, please consider sending a
contribution directly to:

Northwoods Animal Hospital
980 Northwoods Drive
Cary, NC 27513

Be sure to specify on your check that the funds are to go into account
#9538, for the Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven.

I've updated the shelter's web site again, and this time there are
descriptions of a lot of the healthy, available ferrets on the main page,
something we were missing last time.  I've also updated the news page, and
Pam Sessoms has updated the adoption form and script so that it will only
accept folks from the Carolinas, Virginia, and Tennessee, which will
hopefully mean a bit less e-mail for Diane.  The web site is at:

http://www.ferretguardian.org

I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas holiday, and a wonderful New Year to
come.

All the best,
Caity Martin
FGRH co-webmaster