From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:19:47 EDT
I'm really so torn about this.  Posting on the FML is the only way some
shelters and rescue groups can really get word out and make some money to
keep afloat.  It's also a help to those who need to sell something so
that they can get needed surgeries for their ferrets.  But on the other
hand, I remember when the FML was mostly nothing but funny stories and
information.  The past two years it's mostly advertising.  And I really
feel like the quality of the list is not the same as many years ago.  I
don't know what to think.  I mean many of the people that advertise do
contribute to the FML other than requesting money.  So some of them do
try.  Some don't and some don't post often enough in comparison to how
many times they advertize.  So, I really do wish it was like the older
days where we mostly gave to SOS, when advertising was so little, and the
FML was rich in posts.

Big does group them.  But like Danee said, there are so very many, I do
skip them and then I don't see some that are desperate ... I dont know
how to explain myself without hurting feelings.

Lissette, I really like your constructive suggestions.  I remember when
I lost my first home to a fire.  You know what stands out in my mind?
Although I could have not made it without donations, it was this phone
call from this lady that I remember.  She didn't call to give me
anything.  She called to say, "I saw you on the news, and I'm so sorry.
I didn't call to offer anything other than my thoughts and if you'd
like ... my friendship".  And we got together right away and I had a
new friend just when I needed one! :)

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com