From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:42:12 -0500
Given that I run a rescue that has ferrets on the tree, I just want to
let people know that when you pick a ferret off the tree, make sure
that you contact the shelter via email before you send stuff to that
ferret. I had 4 people pick one of my shelter ferrets off the tree, and
I had to tell people that the ferret already had a santa, it is part
of the reason why I will not list my mailing address on the tree. 3 of
those people told me they had all filled out the secret santa form, so
please check with the shelter to make sure the ferret doesn't have a
santa. Otherwise a few ferrets will get tons of gifts and others will
get nothing.

Also some ferrets have passed on since their info was submitted to the
tree and they don't have rainbows on their pictures, so please make
sure you check with the shelter on that one as well. Someone, don't
remember who, posted on the FML on Dec. 5th ferrets that still needed
santas on the tree, one of them that was listed has passed on and the
person running the tree was notified but a rainbow still hasn't been
posted on that picture. So its good to check to make sure the ferret
you chosen hasn't passed on.