From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 22:01:28 -0400
Steven Wayne Clair November 25, 1980 - August 30, 1995

As you know from the last  FML issue Ferret Friend Steven Clair was called to
ANGEL service across the Rainbow Bridge on August 30, 1995

On Friday September 1, 1995 Ferret Friends (here in the County) attended the
viewing at Strunk Funeral home.  Ferret Friend Dian George presented Mr &
Mrs. Clair a Ferret Friend T-Shirt for Steven.  Ryan Clair (Steven's Brother)
placed the T-Shirt over Steven's heart.  Ferret Friends looked for a last
time at Steven's physical body.

On Saturday a truly wonderful service was held at the First Covenant Church.
 Steven's favorite music was played "Taking Care of Business" and "This Rock
doesn't Roll".  Then something really really special happened - there was a
video remembrance showing Steven's life - his family (so very close knit),
his friends, ending with his precious animals.  The last image we were left
with was Steven holding his beloved FERRET CODY.

Many people shared stories about the impact Steven had on those around him.
 Last to speak was Dian George who told of Steven's love for all animals and
his special contributions to the Rescue and Care of Ferrets.

It was a beautiful farewell to Steven and I know the viewing and service
comforted Steven's family.

Ferret Friends here in the County bonded togather to asist the Clair  family.
 Many gave to the Steven Clair Trust Fund.  On Friday  September 1, 1995, 60
pounds of dog food (for Steven's dogs), 15 pound of Cat food (for Steven's
newest kitten rescue), flea spray, animal shampoo, vitamins, and litter were
delivered to the Clair Family home.  Ms. Clair request that the FFIRCI
Shelter take Steven's ferret CODY for seven days ( so much activity at the
Clair house was disturbing for Cody.   So CODY is at the shelter playing with
all the kids and having a great time.  When Cody returns home he will be
accompanied by Ferret Food and other Ferret incidentals.

Over 1000 people attended the viewing and service for Steven.

Ferret Friends consider themselves blessed to have spent a little bit of
forever with Steven Clair.

Again I ask that the Ferret Community on the FML send letters (by e-mail)  of
love and hope to the Clair Family - send them to [log in to unmask]  These
letters  will be taken to the Clair Family next Sunday September 10th 1995.
 Ferret Friends have been invited to come to the Clair Family home and  sign
their names on Steven's bedroom wall.

Finally - To Steven  - We miss you - Watch over our Children of Fur,
Feathers, Scales and Shells till we can unite with them again.

Chere McCoy and all the Ferret Friends of Indian River County International