From:
sue thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:53:47 -0500
>From: Laura Holland
>Subject: Re: Purina Kitten chow & FML
>
>How is this something ferrets should EVER be eating?

I agree it isn't a food to be given as the only food given, but it's
okay to put in the mix from time to time. That's all I meant. I feed
my ferrets very well, some of the foods I feed you may not have heard
of some you have , My ferrets are used to eating (over several years)
totally ferret, wysong, marshal farms, mazurri ferret diet, Iams kitten
(who have changed their formula from it's original), Purina One kitten
and many others. Purina is a little part of a mixture. That's it.
sometimes it's Purina kitten and sometimes it's Purina One kitten.
Over the years, my mixute has changed.

I'm not sure of what you feed yours, what brands? but there are many
foods out there that are good and some not so good. It doesn't have to
say for a "ferret" to be good food either. We cannot control what other
people feed their ferrets, In a perfect world, I would hope that all
ferret owners feed their ferrets the very best, but do we even know
which is the best anymore? The thing is..this is not a perfect world,
so people are out there feeding their ferrets much worse than Purina
kitten. But if we took all of the ferrets away from the owners who were
not feeding them the very best, then the ferret shelters would be much
fuller than they are now.

Are we going to start telling dog and cat owners what they should feed
their dogs and cats or take them away from them or tell them they
shouldn't own a pet? No

You're right, the FML is to educate ferret owners , etc. but I don't
want to keep fighting over something that I think was just a
misunderstanding. I think you thought that was all I fed my ferrets and
I run out of food and that I recommend the kitten chow to people, Which
none of these are the case.

Truce....(white flag waving) :-) (love the smiley and kitten )

have a safe and Happy New Year

 (I'm done with this issue now) :-)

Friends?

Sue