From:
Jan Fleury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 18:33:54 -0500
Hi, All! A few items -

TRAVEL -- I'm looking at probably traveling by air (Delta Airlines, cleared
through a travel agent at $50 per 'container' of fuzzies, appointment
already set for obtaining health certificate from vet), and here's the
question: Anyone who has traveled by air with their ferrets (I will ONLY
take them if allowed WITH me in a regulation under-seat pet carrier.  I will
NOT let anyone put them in luggage hold!!!), can you give me any pointers or
advice?  We'll be travelling on Oct.  2nd, and flight will be about 2 3/4
hours long, with 1 hour trip to airport for departure and about a 1/2 hour
trip on arrival.

Also, this trip is to Orlando, FL, and I'll be there for about 3 weeks, so
if anyone can recommend a local fert-wise vet I can line up ahead of time
'just in case' there are any problems while down there, I'd appreciate it.
Send any info/advice to [log in to unmask]

TAILS -- All my fuzzies' tails smell very sweet and I sniff them all the
time, they're so wonderful.  If they could bottle that stuff, we'd corner
the market .  .  .  maybe 'corner' is a poor choice of words .  .  .

TAILS2 -- I've been using a benzoic peroxide wash (mixed with a little Baby
Shampoo) to wash little Jessica's tailie (she's my silver who had started
with the black spots and fur loss on the very end of her tail).  After only
3 treatments (each one week apart), her little tailie is already looking
much better!  It works!

LITTLE MIRA -- I was at the FACT (Ferret Association of Connecticut) picnic
on Saturday, the 6th, and saw a picture of Little Mira there... A recent
post mentioned her, and that the picture might be posted soon to the FACT
Web site at www.ferret-fact.org.  Let me warn you: seeing this picture will
have an effect rather like having someone reach directly into your chest and
rip your heart out.  I could not behold it, and after a single glance had to
avert my eyes for the rest of the afternoon.  It is absolutely
gut-wrenchingly heart-breaking.  So, again, I warn you... do NOT view this
picture unless you're ready for a real shock.  When I saw it, like reflex, I
deposited $40 into Mira's little collection jar.

I'm going to 'second the motion,' and repeat the address.  Send your
donation to FACT, Inc.  "Mira Fund," 16 Sherbrooke Ave., Hartford, CT 06106.
From looking at her, I personally doubt that her little fur suit will ever
return (all around her, from neck to chest and down her front legs, the
burns extend).  And these were only the BURNS from the bleach.  She had been
STEPPED ON as well, as the recent post to this forum described... This makes
me cry.  I certainly would like to be kept informed of how she is doing from
time to time, AND whether anyone will plan to adopt her once she is better.
She will need a very special loving home.

Best to all fuzzies from all of us: Jessica, Rowena, Winona, FitchWilliam,
and Rikki Tikki Tavi.

Missing Gwendolyn, Winnifred, William . . .

-- Jan Fleury