Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 09:59:12 -0500
I'd like to thank Paw Paw for his comments on the term SO.  Outside the
mailing list, I have mostly seen it as shorthand for someone you are living
with but not married to (the real word is "postleque" (sp?) and who would
want to use *that* for someone they love?).  When I realized it was being
used to describe spouses on the mailing list, I thought this must be a Net
shorthand like BTW and TNT.  However, among friends, I'd prefer to use the
word husband.  It describes a unique state of commitment, even for those who
believe divorce is an option.  Personally, I tried divorce last time I
married.  This time I'd rather cut off my arm.  Just my $0.02.

Judith White