From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:25:01 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled cage traders...

(Get *out* of my cage!  <Nope...I need to sniff everything first!>
*OUTOUTOUT!* <Uh uh!>)

Kristin McCarthy-Bevia <[log in to unmask]> mumbled something about:
>I'm writing to ask if anyone has a suggestion for a good cage to buy for
>my two ferrets.
<content stolen by ferrets:::content stolen by ferrets>
>The problem is, I don't think they
>like it very much. I think it's too big for them.

*Too* big for them?  Uh...no!  Ain't no such thing as too much cage for
a couple of ferrets!  However, you might want to change the landscape
around a bit, to give them a more-interesting environment.

I have a new set of boys (BTW, if anyone is interested, their new names
are Butch and Sundance!) with a four-level cage...however, I've changed
it quite a bit, so there is only one full level (in the middle of the
cage) and the other panels are used to makes shelves and platforms for
them to goof off on.  There are a couple of ramps used to stretch across
the gap from one shelf to another.

They also have a number of hammocks and a furry-tube to sleep in.  There
are also golf balls and cat jingle-balls to chase around the cage, things
hanging down to yank on and they have each other to wrestle with! :)
They appear to be quite content to hang out until "Out" time, inside
their huge cage (which is about five feet tall!).

Provide toys and change things around from time to time, just to keep
things interesting.  Ferrets love changed stuff.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/