From:
"Diana J. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:13:36 -0500
Dooks, everybody.

Well, I hve waged an all out war against ornery ferrets.  I have blocked the
door to my bedroom, (Now why didn't I think of that before??)because Rascal
loves to knock all the books off my desk shelves, and Dandy is in love with
my telephone.  Not the one in hte living room.  Just the one in the bedroom.
She's always rubbing up against it and knocking it off the hook.  Dandy got
the idea I wanted her out of there the minute the barrier went up, but
Rascal is another story entirely!  He has been *very* persistent the last
few days about getting back in the bedroom barrier or none.  I kept catching
him and giving him the vinegar treatment and (gently) throwing him out, but,
you guessed it, three minutes later he was back.  Boy does that vinegar
work, though!  The kids have stopped digging holes in my carpjeting, pooping
in the wrong places, and ravaging my garbage can!  Yippee!  But I think I
could have *bathed* Rascal in vinegar, and he *still* wouldn't have stayed
out of my room.  Finally, though, I figgured out what he was trying to tell
me.  His *hidey* was still in the bedroom!  He has closely gaurded a single
stale cheet-o and meticulously kept it in a small food dish under my desk
for the past two or three months.  Woe be unto the person who tries to give
him a fresh cheet-o!

so anyway, I gave him back his cheet-o-in-a-dish, and he has stayed out of
my room ever since.  Fuzzies.  Gotta love 'em. :-)  But the poor kid has
been searching for *days* for a new hiding place that is properly secure.
That dusty cheet-o is getting soggy from him carrying it around so much.  I
think I have been so vigilant about keeping the kids out of trouble that I
obliterated all the good hiding places.  Any ideas on making him one, or
buying something that will suffice?

Oh, and what fun we have been having today!  I finally got with the program
and bo't the kids some dryer hose!  What an absolute *scream*, and a
godsend.  The kids were occupied for *half an hour* this morning, running in
and out, chasing and wrestling each other, after which they both collapsed
in a chair for a nap!  The fun just never stops, does it?!

fuzzy kisses and joy-dances to everyone!

Special cuddles to all those fuzzies who don't feel good enough to hide
their cheet-os today.  Get better soon.  We all love you.  :-)

Didi Anderson

an' da fuzz-babes,
Rascal & Dandy

"It never pays to kick a skunk."