From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 10:26:25 -0400
>Galaxy-D is NOT FROMM-D.  It is not minorly changed it is a whole new
>vaccine.  There is no reason to suspect Galaxy-D is really any closer to
>Fromm-D than Fervac-D.  At least both Fromm-D and Fervac-D used the same
>chick embryo growth media unlike Galaxy-D.

Solvay has sold the Galaxy-D line to Shering Plough.  At this time the
formulation has reverted back and Galaxy D is now being developed from the
original chick embryo just as Fromm-D was.  Of course I could have
misunderstood, best bet is to check with Shering-Plough.  Galaxy-D is
categorized as an orphan drug with them at this time.

While you are at it , why not drop Shering-Plough a note and ask them to
persue testing for ferrets!!!  If they know you are out there, and want this
vaccine, they just MIGHT do it!!!!

After all you are the paying public.  Just my .02 worth.

Alicia