From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:41:22 -0500
On Jan 9, 2007, at 4:00 AM, Cece wrote
>A reply to the person that said she had someone looking for ferrets to
>adopt to feed snakes.
>
>This is just unbelieveable. As a member of two large reptile online
>communities Ive never heard of anyone doing such a thing.... Not
>to mention the damage a carnivore like a ferret could do to even a
>large snake

I have *heard* that in the crowd with those who set pit bulls fighting,
or cocks fighting, there are some who want a "cobra versus mongoose"
experience. Except it's too hard to come by either a cobra or a
mongoose, so something like a python and a ferret are used.

This may just be an urban legend, as I have never seen any
authoritative news report of this, but if true, it might explain
this incident.

And I agree, it would be just as wrong to demonize the average snake
owner for this as to characterize any dog owner as one who advocates
pit-bull fights.

-Claire