From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:16:36 -0500
I'm so-so at sewing, but it hit me today that there are some cute
"darkness boxes which those who are good at sewing could make to sell
for helping fund pet care, shelters, etc.

We used to have a bread keeper a cousin made: a basket with the top being
a chicken done in cloth and you would reach in for your piece of bread.

What about boxes with bedding in them and the boxes could have covers
which are animals and a slit opening with a secondary flap to close out
more light.  Can't you just imagine having a little moose sitting around,
or a Rudolf, or a bug, or... with all of them actually being pretty
sleeping box/darkness box covers for the ferrets?

Brewer's Yeast shouldn't hurt unless the ferret has insulinoma.  The
chromium levels can decrease the blood sugar levels so it is to be
avoided with insulinoma, though it can be useful with the opposite
problem: diabetes.