From:
Ann Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 11:10:15 -0500
Thanks for the replys to Banji about food, shots, etc. This morning I think
she has eaten some of the IAMS. She played with a piece of pineapple last
night. Moved it from place to place. Left it with the soccer ball under the
end table. I still am mixing in the Special Kitty. I can feel her ribs some
and don't want her to get any thinner.

I have given her one bath and it was no big deal.  I bathe her like I did
my kids and Eli: On my arm.  Alan was amazed when I bathed Eli and didn't
have any problems.  He seldom bathes him because it is too tramatic for
both of them.  But I just sort of scoop up the ferret with my left arm (I
am right handed) and let them twine legs around the arm.  My hand is under
(and supporting) their chest.  Then lower the arm and ferret slowly into
the tepid water--elbow tested.  BTW I do this in my kitchen sink so I don't
have to bend over--too old (50+) for that any more.

After they have gotten over the initial 'getting the feet wet shock', I cup
my right hand in the water and pour it gently over the back. Then shampoo.
All the time holding her on my left arm. She shakes some, but doesn't
panic. Last, I put a little water on her head. A good rinse and she's done.

But I think it is the holding them on my arm the whole time that calms
them. Then I am Part of the ordeal, not Causing it. I learned this way when
I was shown how to shampoo a baby's head. (a few! years ago)

amf