From:
Robert Malick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1993 08:41:23 -0500
I know this situation has come up before on the list (and hopefully
will be in a FAQ one day), but my ferret has lst most of her fur
on her tail.  It is just the end two-thirds that is now bald.

I'm wondering if this is a difficientcy in her diet.

She has been brought up on Purina One since I got her as a kit of 6 weeks.
She is now over two years old.  I am thinking of introducing her to Iams for
Science Diet hoping this will help her grow her fur back.

I had originally thought that because she used newspapers on which to
go to the bathroom that the newpaper ink was causing it.  It probably wasn't
heping her.  I have since stopped using newspapers and the problem persists.

This might sound strange, but the other day I noticed that her furless
tail has now assumed a blue tint.  I have recently moved into a apt
with new blue carpeting and, since ferret do tend to drag their tails around,
I'm hoping it isn't the cause of it.

Any direction would be appreciated.

I'm willing to do what I can for my little carpet shark.

    Rob,
    aka "Fur seeker"