From:
Anje Duckels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:37:49 -0800
As some of you may remember I have the only place in Montana (as far as
I know) for furry loves here in my amazing state. I have had many happy
adoptions and loved every ferret that has come through my doors as my
own. Today I have sad news and need help more then ever. Last Saturday
a man called me from some distance away and said he had a quad that he
could no longer care for and asked me for help. I (of course) said yes
and asked my standard questions about their health and temperament and
all his answers seemed to lead to a fun healthy 4 some that should be
no trouble to adopt out. He drove to my town the following day and made
mention that one was "less lovey" then the others and I had no issue
with that one of my own is the same way but no less loved. What we got
when we took them home was an entirely another matter. Within minutes
of having them here one had drawn blood on my husband and 2 others had
opened their mouths with efforts of biting (one is seemingly normal and
sweet). Later that day we decided that they were just scared and left
them all alone to just smell and observe. Well needless to say not a 4
hour period has gone by since the 24 hour cool off period has the one
who bit my husband not bit or tried to bite someone. We have tried
treats and bitter apple and he draws serious blood at every turn. He
almost tore off my cats paw, he bit my daughter on her face (she is 3
and the sitter did not listen about keeping her away) and I really am
at the end of what I know to do for them. 2 I think are just fear
biters and could be nip trained 1 is very sweet but that one sable is
so mean I just do not know what to do. They are all about 1+ year old
and in good health but that one is for sure a few bolts short and any
help would be such a blessing as this has never happened to us before.