Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:20:22 EDT
Hi,

I've been dealing with an "I need homes for 2 stray dogs" problem (one has
been adopted - yay!!) and joined several dog lists to help me out.  One of
them posted the following "classified ad".  I thought it was so appropriate
for any animal rescue group that I wanted to post it here for everyone who
rescues ferrets or other animals or has taken in one of these "recycled"
pets.

Kim

 ****************************

Please help!  We're in the process of moving.  We must immediately get rid
of our two children now because there won't be any room in our new place.
Since we're leaving on Monday, we MUST place the children in new homes by
this weekend!!

They are described as follows:

"One male, white, blonde hair, blue eyes, 10 years old.  Excellent
disposition.  He doesn't bite.  Name is John.  Temperament tested.
Current on all shots.  Tonsils removed already and very healthy condition!
John eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with
other children.  Does not run with scissors and with a little time and
training, he will do well in a new home."

"One female, white, blond, curly hair, green eyes.  11 years old.  Can be
surly at times.  Non-biter, TV watcher.  Her name is Mary.  Temperament
tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally.  She is current
on all shots and is very healthy and happy (mostly).  Get along well with
boys but does not like to share toys.  She is house trained and would do
best in a one-child household."

We really LOVE our children and want to do what is best for them.  Ours is
a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!  They MUST be placed
by Sunday night at the latest.

Sounds familiar?  Please remember that often a pet lives 15 years or more
and is a lifetime commitment.

(Taken from a dog placement list)