From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:14:39 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Yesterday, someone wrote:
>Veterinarians do not have ALL the answers and are only PRACTICING
>medicine. They can only offer their educated opinions or guesses
>based upon their own experiences or exposure...

Hmmm. Let's consider this statement...My Mom has been PRACTICING
medicine as a physician for quite some time. She does indeed offer
her educated opinions or guesses based upon her experiences or
exposure, which in *her* case would include twelve years of primary
education,(heavy emphasis on chemistry and biology), Harvard, four
years of medical school, one of internship, three as a resident at the
Mayo Clinic, and twenty two more of seeing patients on a near daily
basis while earning a full professorship in her field and running an
electromyography clinic.

But for God's sake, if you need a Neurologist, give her a miss and
chew a raw chicken wing immediately. Doctors 'll kill you.

Alexandra in MA